As an extension of our community outreach, Elk City Community Church founded Ponderosa Camp Home in 2010.
The mission for the camp is to instill hope for a vibrant, promising future by demonstrating God’s love and hope for each camper and volunteer. It is our desire that upon leaving the camp, each child is empowered with the knowledge that they have within themselves all the tools necessary to face life’s challenges with excellence.
The mission will be accomplished through the following goals:
Goal: To give children a sense of their value and worth.
- A. Hire staff who value all children.
- B. Provide activities where all children can be successful.
- C. Provide genuine praise from staff and other children for talents and successes
Goal: To increase communication skills.
- A. Provide an emotionally safe environment for every child.
- B. Provide instruction on positive communication.
- C. Provide social settings for children to practice new communication skills.